What We Fund
Funding Priority: Mental Health Services
All funded projects must expand services for Clay County children, birth to nineteen years of age.
Services cited in enabling legislation include:
- Counseling and Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Intervention Programs
- Mental Health Screenings
- Outpatient Chemical Dependency
- Outpatient Psychiatric Treatment
- Prevention Programs
- Psychological Evaluations
- Respite Care
- Temporary Shelter
- Unwed Mothers’ Services
- Unmarried Parents’ Services
The Fund may not be used to support the following activities:
- Inpatient medical, psychiatric and chemical dependency services
- Transportation services
- Grants to individuals
- Capital expenditures
- Annual appeals
Who We Fund
Eligibility for Funding:
- Be a Missouri nonprofit or government entity
- Be in existence for at least 5 years prior to submission of application
- Be in good standing with the state of Missouri with no current or pending legal action
- Secure at least 25 percent of their funds from sources other than CSF
- Conduct independent financial audits yearly
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Provide services regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender or age
- Screen employees and volunteers who provide services directly to children and youth
How To Apply
When We Fund
Community-Based Services Funding Cycle
One-year grants starting September 1st through August 31st.
Cycle closed until 2023.
School-Based Services Funding Cycle
Two-year grants starting July 1st through June 30th.
Cycle closed until 2024.